Why Hire a NASMM Company?
Presented by Gordon's Estate Services, courtesy of NASMM.org
I'm curious. What exactly is Senior Move Management?
Senior Move Management is the profession that assists older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or "aging in place." Senior Move Management professionals — Senior Move Managers® — have backgrounds in gerontology, social work, health care, nursing and psychology, others come to this industry from the corporate world of project management, technology, accounting or marketing. Senior Move Managers® require a profound commitment to connecting with older adults and a desire to perform meaningful work.
Although specific services vary, most Senior Move Managers® can help with some or all of the following:
- Developing an overall move or "age in place" plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Customized floor plans
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Supervise and oversight of professional packing
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold.
Here's a list of how NASMM members compare to regular movers:
Gordon's Estate Services is now a Diamond Society member of National Association of Senior Move Managers. We have over 20 years experience in delivering smooth transitions to the next chapter of seniors' lives.