Gordon’s is pleased to offer a unique opportunity to join our professional team delivering an exceptional level of real estate services to our clients. As a key member of our internal services team, you will play a key role in financial management, bookkeeping and financial reporting for a busy and growing organization that provides integrated transition and real estate services to clients in the Kingston region and beyond.
You will be primarily responsible within Gordon’s for all financial management, reporting and recordkeeping functions, including bookkeeping using Quickbooks Enterprise Edition, project-level revenue and expense management and reporting, payroll preparation and processing, and development and ongoing reporting on a number of key financial indicators to support management decision-making. Occasionally, you will also take on other special projects to improve administrative and other client-facing processes within Gordon’s.
This is a permanent, part-time role averaging 24-30 hours per week. Your compensation will be commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years of progressive bookkeeping and financial management experience.
- Proven ability to maintain project-based revenue and expense records in an accounting system.
- Experience in payroll preparation, processing, and remittance management.
- Ability to develop and maintain financial metrics and reporting tools to support management decision-making.
- Familiarity with financial statements and able to provide support to management in understanding the financial performance of the organization.
- Direct experience with Quickbooks Enterprise Edition considered an asset.
- Previous experience in real estate bookkeeping and trust accounting considered an asset.
- Formal training in accounting, bookkeeping and/or office administration considered an asset.
- Access to transportation to make bank deposits (non-cash) as required.
- Flexibility in personal schedule to expand schedule from 3 days / week to 4-5 days / week during peak times.
- Satisfactory background and reference checks.
Skills and Attributes
- You share our values of openness, honesty, integrity and a commitment to Gordon’s mission of providing transition and real estate services at the highest level of professionalism.
- You are a patient and empathetic listener.
- You are a clear and effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- You are a capable self-starter who takes pride in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiar with current best practices in bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Familiar with trust accounting and real estate practices.
- Able to respond to client and team member inquiries and requests for information by telephone, email and in person.
- Highly organized and capable of managing several open projects and competing priorities while meeting firm deadlines for payroll processing, management information, and government reporting.
- Able to development and document best practices for key financial management functions and able to train other team members to support these functions.
- Able to work with the Gordon’s team of real estate professionals, downsizing experts, and administrative support professionals who support your success.
- Willingness to contribute to continuous improvement of our processes.
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services provides real estate, downsizing and estate settlement solutions. Our team of certified professionals can offer the efficient sale of real estate, careful handling of assets, and a suite of other services to manage an entire downsize or estate settlement engagement.
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services Ltd. is a fully-licensed independent Real Estate Brokerage, with the majority of our customers listing and selling their homes on the MLS System.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and 2-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gordon’s invites applications from all qualified individuals. Gordon’s provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Leslie Arnold at email@example.com.
Please note that only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.