Transition Team Member (GTA)
Transition Team Member (GTA)
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services Ltd. Brokerage
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services provides peace of mind through our bundled real estate, downsizing, and estate solutions. Presently, we are excited to offer an opportunity to join our growing professional team as a Transition Team Member. In this role, you will be following the direction of a Team Lead in the execution of all aspects of our transition effort for clients jobs you are scheduled for in the GTA (with expert mentorship and guidance provided by our team).
As a team, we deliver an exceptional experience for our clients who are often overwhelmed by the idea of downsizing or settling an estate.
You are fit and energetic person who may:
● Be semi-retired or retired but wants to stay engaged and active
● Be part of the gig economy
● Have relevant experience in: the healthcare, managing a transition, and/or working with or educating seniors (i.e. nurse, supported a downsizer/executor, teacher, personal support worker, social worker, personal trainer, etc)
● Love the idea of helping downsizers or estate executors at a difficult time in their lives
● Enjoy working in lots of different environments and building relationships with the team
● Live to serve, always leaving an impression of compassionate and efficient You are looking for:
● A purposeful career delivering positive outcomes at a difficult time in people’s lives
● An opportunity to make a real and direct impact in bringing order to chaos
● Work with seniors and other stakeholders who rely on our team to provide exceptional service and support
● An opportunity to make great first impressions and present yourself in a professional manner
● Something that keeps your stamina up and leverages your strong work ethic
● A job that leverages your balanced organizing and efficiency skills
● Trust of confidential information from our clients and Company
● A flexible schedule with opportunities to work any day of the week
● Opportunity to problem solve and overcome challenges as part of a team
● $20/hr to start plus mileage reimbursement at $0.61/km
● Additional compensation via our team bonus pool
Job Description Overview
As a Transition Team Member, you will follow the direction of the Team Lead while on client sites (in and around the GTA) to execute transition activities for our clients and team including:
● Client personal property packing, unpacking, sorting, and auction set-up
● Describe and photograph a client’s personal property items for auction
● Support security and oversight activities at auction pick-up security, dumpster loading, etc. in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
● Work with the Team to solve problems as they arise on-site
● Client communication in a patient, courteous, and compassionate manner understanding that there may be situations where the client is overwhelmed or stressed
● Keeping the team lead informed of progress and challenges being faced while on the job
Skills and Attributes
● You believe in values like: delivering positive outcomes, listening first, being compassionate, being health conscious, and providing real expertise
● Able to balance being organized and being efficient
● Strong work ethic and good stamina
● You can lift and move 30lbs boxes and/or items repeatedly throughout a day and under varying environmental conditions
● Respectful of client and corporate confidentiality
● Acts with integrity in all aspects of your work
● Able to work both independently and as part of a team
● You enjoy the peace of mind executing a trusted process can deliver to both clients, yourself, and the team
● You are eager to work as part of a larger team that delivers an exceptional and unique customer experience for downsizing and estate clients in need of bundled services.
Required Qualifications and Experience
● Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
● Available to work 1 to 3 days a week
● Satisfactory background check
● Comfortable traveling outside the greater Toronto area ~10% of the time
● Emergency CPR qualified
● Knowledge of software platforms such as Gmail and When I Work
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services provides peace of mind through our bundled real estate, downsizing, and estate solutions. Our team of professionals offer the efficient sale of real estate, careful handling of assets, and a suite of other services to provide a complete downsize or estate settlement solution. Unique to us:
1. Our process is centred around prioritizing our client’s well being above all else
2. We are a Real Estate Brokerage devoted to serving downsizers & estate executors
3. We have served thousands of families across Ontario for over 6 decades
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and CV/resume to HR@gogordons.com with Transition Team Member in the subject line. As a great candidate, you will demonstrate that you understand what we do and highlight why you are the right person to join our growing team.
Applications will be considered commencing on Friday, 29 April 2022 and will be considered on a continuous basis until the position(s) have been filled. Please note that only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gordon’s Downsizing & Estate Services is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals.